Convection ovens and air fryers had been one of our best friends in the kitchen. They revolutionize cooking by allowing more ways to cook outside the boundaries of pans and stoves.
Convectional ovens and air fryers allow baking, roasting, and other types of cooking, all in just one device."
There isn’t a need to change pans or worry about uneven cooking with these two. However, each has its own differences, and some may work better for some recipes than the other and vice versa. Here are some of the main differences between a convection oven and an air fryer:
Size and shape
Table of Contents
- One of the best giveaways to differentiate a convection oven from an air fryer is its size and shape.
- Convection ovens are mostly bigger with a rectangular shape, while air fryers are more compact and rounded and would fit in any countertop.
Mecganism, food quantiy, and cooking methods
- The convection oven would naturally allow the user to cook more food than the air fryer, because of of its size.
- The air fryer also makes use of rapid air technology that would require adequate space.
- Thus, cooking by batch or in smaller amounts is how the air fryer works.
- The convection oven also has fans that give off hot air evenly throughout the oven’s interior. However, it doesn’t work with rapid air technology.
- Both devices allow baking and roasting, but the air fryer can do grilling better, while the convection oven offers toasting and broiling.
Results and cooking time
- Convention ovens usually produce less crispy but juicier food, but it also has a toasting function that could be used for bread.
- An air fryer on the other hand produces crispier and flavorful food that is stripped of much oil, which makes it a very healthy choice.
- An air fryer also takes less time to cook, but as already said, may require more batches if the amount of food to be cook is for a bigger group of people.
- One of the best things about an air fryer is it has a guard at the bottom that could catch the dripping oil without it touching the heating elements of the convection oven.
- Convection ovens don’t have it, which would require more time to keep it clean and well-maintained.
Price and durability
- This would usually depend on brands and models, but convection ovens are generally more expensive than air fryers.
A good quality air fryer may have an equal price to a mid-range convection oven."
- Longevity would mostly depend not only on the brand, model, and materials used for the appliance but also on the owner’s care. Keeping the appliance clean would make it last longer.
- Since air fryers are easier to clean, it may last longer for most users who are not very keen on cleaning. Residues are never good for any appliance.
- Longer life and durability will be enhanced with keeping unnecessary moisture and food residues out of these kitchen appliances.
Airfryers are not to replace convention ovens
In general, both have its pros and cons. Convection ovens does cooking in a different way compared to air fryers. Results also vary for each device.
It would be important to keep in mind what kind of food you want to have specifically, before choosing a preference or deciding that you need both.